Thursday, April 23, 2009

2 weeks old...

Well I can't believe my little butter bean is already 2 weeks old....I am learning more everyday and loving every stinky diaper, punch to the chin, and pull of the hair :-) My little Abby can throw a right hook rather well when it is time to eat and mommy can't get the boobie out fast enough :-) She is such a moving baby...she stands up on you with her legs and gets those arms going crazy.

We got back to the doctor tommorow for the 4th time...Abby has lost about a pound since birth, and now we are breastfeeding and supplementing with formula to get her to pack on the pounds. Hopefully tommorow we will see about 1/2 and oz or oz in gain. She is a little one but a feisty little one.

I went on my first solo trip today without baby to Target to get some bottles and nipples. You should have seen Abby try to eat formula with a normal flow nipple...we were both covered in yummy smelling (not!!) brownish formula. So the new newborn slow flow nipples were are necessity.

Anyways, that is all for now. As for mommy goes...I am enjoying still eating tons of food!! it is hard to realize you need 2oo more calories than you did even preggo. But I am feeling good, and loving my body...flabby arms..flabby tummy :-) Still can't believe that this long little baby came outta me :-) 21 inches...no wonder my ribs hurt.

Tootles for now!! :-)

1 comment:

danapate said...

Milk production- drink lots of water, and green gatorade! Eat lots of oatmeal (cinnamon roll is my fav) and pump inbetween feedings. It takes your body one hour for the breast to re-fill. So, feed her, wait an hour, pump (at least 15-20 min. of pumping), wait an hour and feed her again. Call me..really...I would love to share tips and advice. So glad you are trying to breastfeed...so worth it.