Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Wow does time fly...




Yesterday, when I went to pick up Ev's weekly dry cleaning the lady asked me, "Can you believe it's already August?" I said "No", and it really made me think. Not only had I just turned a year older (good-bye mid-twenties), but thought back to all the Augusts before.

Such great things, have happened in this month for as long as I have been alive. For my parents, August was great because I was born. But in more recent years, many important things have taken place: I started my Auburn experience in August, Found my future husband, got engaged on my 21st birthday, my niece Huntley's birth...the biggest realization was when I thought about my youngest niece. I remembered that Maddie will turn one year old in about 2 weeks. It was a strange thought, because I forget that she has only been with us for that long. It feels like she has always been a part of our lives.

I thought back to a year ago - We were anxiously awaiting the birth of Madeline. I was supposed to go to Atlanta for the wedding of my dear friend Lizzie. I went back & forth all week, trying to decide what to do. I had missed Huntley's birth and didn't want to miss another. So i decided, to stay in town so I wouldn't miss a thing. Well, she didn't make her arrival until Tuesday, Aug 28th. But I got to share that moment with our family and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Even cooler, was the fact that her 3-year-old Big Sister was outside the room as well, hearing her baby sister cry for the very first time. Then hearing what only a child could percieve, "Is she out?" haha! Yep, she's out!

No comments: