My mom is doing FABULOUS!! I am so glad she isn't in much pain, and that she is finally in her private room. She ate her liquids yesterday - chicken broth and sugar free jello. She will have to eat solids today - probablly eggs - before they discharge her. She should be released sometime this afternoon. She has been up and walking and resting as well.
I will have to say so far, we have not been impressed with the level of care she has recieved at UAB. Pre-surgery they were great...but now, she will call the nurse 4 times and no one comes....and she was in the "observation" room when this happened. I guess I got spoiled at Baptist East, because they came everytime I called and I hadn't had MAJOR surgery. But then again, it is a huge hospital compared to Baptist East and most airports :-) haha!!
Thank you for all the prayers! It definately made us relax & know she is in good hands. Please keep her in your prayers as she begins this new life! Again, sooo soooo soooooooo PROUD of her!!
Tootles!
1 comment:
sounds good. been thinking a lot about her. so glad it all has gone well so far. praying for continued well being. btw- will you email me Leslie's number. I don't have any way of getting in touch with her and Rob and I are thinking about a beach trip next month for our 10 year anniversary. my email is dana.pate@yahoo.com thanks so much and take care. give your mom a big hug from me and tell her there is a crazy lady in b'ham that prays all the time that just said a prayer of healing and comfort for her.
Post a Comment