Friday, April 9, 2010

Abby's Birthday Week!

Abigail Marie
what a difference a year makes...

So we began Abby's birthday week last Saturday with her actual birthday party, and will end it tonight with a small party at her Nana & Papa's house (my parents, who finally picked their names) haha! Our Great Grammy is even making us cupcakes and another smash cake. Hopefully that will make up for the start to our birthday. I'll get to that later.

On Monday, we went to Walmart & got our new car seat! I was going to get something neutral, but they had a pink one! And if you know me, I can't pass on something pink & cute for my sweetie pie! That night we put it in the car. On Tuesday we went to play with our cousin Addison & our mimi so momma could run to the gym. Mommy needed to run with all the cake that was consumed on Saturday :-) This was our first trip in the new car seat and she just smiled the whole time and loved it!

On Wednesday, we picked up our Nana from work and went to Lee's Kids to get fitted for our first pair of real shoes. Abby loves her white sandals and I love that my walking kiddo isn't trudging around barefoot. After that we went to Chappy's and met our dada there. Abby enjoyed her first "real" meal there, and demolished her chicken salad sandwich! She loved her dill pickle too! They are her new favorite!







We stayed in and played on Thursday, and when dada came home he setup Abby's birthday present. A pink swing for the tree in the backyard! She just loves it and I hope to get alot of use out of it this summer!



(please note the pink Guy Harvey shirt worn in the picture. Nana said she just had to have one to match her dada)

On to THE BIG DAY, we headed to the Dr's office at about 8:15, and they took us back around 8:35ish. She got weighed on a real scale, not the undress your baby and lay them down scale. I got a little sad when they did this, but anyways, no mushy stuff today right??

Here are her stats:
1 Year - 19lbs 8 oz - 25 %
Birth - 7lbs 4 oz

1 Year - 30 1/2 inches tall - 75%
Birthday - 21 1/2 inches tall

1 Year - Head 45 1/4 cm - 90%
Birth - Head 37 cm


She has grown into a funny, healthy & happy little girl! Dr. D said she she looks great! Then onto the shots! It was pitiful, she didn't want to lay down. She looked at me like, "Mommy, It's my birthday! Why today??" But she was fine a few minutes after that and we left to run to Target. My happy little camper loves Target. Well we were about to leave and I looked and she has a bloody bandaid in her hand going to her mouth! AHHH! So she was ripping off her bandaids & one was already missing. I started to think she had it in her mouth, and then karma came for me! She bit me! She bit me with all the force she had...but I did deserve it, for the shots! haha!!

Anyways, she is sleeping and home now! So we are packing for Abby's stay with Nana & Papa this weekend, while Ev & I head to the beach to celebrate the Godfather's 30th Birthday! :-)

Tootles!!

2 comments:

danapate said...

Awesome Abby Girl! Way to be ONE and not to mention so STINKN CUTE!

Screen Door Prep said...

Awww, her height/weight stats are almost the same as another little girl I know at one year. ;)

Love the new carseat, & I know Abby appreciates being able to see where y'all are going. =) Love the pink swing, too...got to be honest - was planning to get one & had no idea they came in pink. You know I'm going to have to get one in pink now...I promise to give you all the credit.