Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Good Night Sleep...

I'm dreaming of a goooooood night sleep! Yep, that would be a great gift this year. Abby started sleeping through the night at around 2 1/2 months...I was extremely thankful for this. I was made aware from other parents that this wasn't likely to last....well it hasn't. Ever since we started teething, crawling, pulling up...we have gotten up almost every night around 3am. This is hard on mommy...the only thing that makes it not so bad is that I am fortunate to be able to stay at home. So I have no deadlines & no alarm clocks (except Abby).

I am sure I have broken the cardinal rule many times. I am trying not to rush in there when she cries...trying not to pick her up...trying not to rock her...trying not to make her a bottle. But its hard! I enjoy those snuggy moments when she wants her mama, even if it is in the dawn hours. I guess I will have to ask for some advice when we go for our 9 month appt. She already knows who is wrapped around her finger besides dada...haha!

Last night, I got a little emotional...not from the lack of sleep, but by something I have taken for granted! My little angel looked at me when I was rocking her. It brought back memories that have come and gone. Our first night together in the hospital (also at the wee hours of the morning) and just piercing my heart with those beautiful blue eyes. There have been only 4 or 5 nights that she has looked at me the same way as she did last night. And that just makes it all worth it. She is growing up so fast, but it is reassuring that those eyes will look at me that same from time to time with all the trust & love they did in our first meeting.

My cup runneth over...

No comments: